Journal Club Archives
Journal Clubs are a popular feature on PLOS ONE articles. A group of scientists volunteers to discuss one of the more recent or upcoming PLOS ONE articles and to post their discussion as a series of comments, annotations, and ratings on the article itself, triggering a discussion within a broader scientific community.
Read more about it on this blog from our Online Community Manager and
nominate your lab for a future Journal Club.
- September 2008. Joint journal club by the Kalcounis-Rüppell, Hershey, and O'Brien labs in the Biology Department at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro on Bats' Conquest of a Formidable Foraging Niche: The Myriads of Nocturnally Migrating Songbirds.
- June 2008. Dr. Elizabeth Adkins-Regan from Cornell and her postdoc Dr. Joanna Rutkowska from Jagiellonian University on Keith Sockman's Ovulation Order Mediates a Trade-Off between Pre-Hatching and Post-Hatching Viability in an Altricial Bird.
- April 2008. NCI Laboratory of Genomic Diversity's NCI Brown Bag Genomics journal club on Identifying Selected Regions from Heterozygosity and Divergence Using a Light-Coverage Genomic Dataset from Two Human Populations.
Organizers: Dr. Taras K. Oleksyk, Dr. Michael W. Smith , and Dr. Jennifer Troyer. Members: Dr. Efe Sezgin, Dr. Sher Hendrickson, Dr. Warren Johnson, Dr. George Nelson, and Dr. Ted Wright.
- March 2008. Seed Science bloggers Mike Dunford and Greg Laden on Molecular Variation at a Candidate Gene Implicated in the Regulation of Fire Ant Social Behavior.
- February 2008. Center for Ecology and Evolutionary Biology at University of Oregon on The Sorcerer II Global Ocean Sampling Expedition: Metagenomic Characterization of Viruses within Aquatic Microbial Samples.
- January 2008. The Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology on Chimpanzees Share Forbidden Fruit.
- January 2008. The Instituto de Neurociencias de Alicante on High-Pass Filtering of Input Signals by the Ih Current in a Non-Spiking Neuron, the Retinal Rod Bipolar Cell.
- October 2007. The Free University Berlin Neurobiology Journal Club on Analysis of the Trajectory of Drosophila melanogaster in a Circular Open Field Arena.
- October 2007. The Potsdam Eye-Movement Group Journal Club on Parts, Wholes, and Context in Reading: A Triple Dissociation.
- October 2007. The U.C. Davis Bacterial Metagenomics Group on Metagenomics of the Deep Mediterranean, a Warm Bathypelagic Habitat.
- April 2007. Potsdam Eye-Movement Group Journal Club on Onset Rivalry: Brief Presentation Isolates an Early Independent Phase of Perceptual Competition.
- March 2007. Perception Journal Club School of Psychology Sydney University on Perceptual Learning of Motion Leads to Faster Flicker Perception.
- March 2007. Italian Complexity Journal Club on The Waiting Time for Inter-Country Spread of Pandemic Influenza.
- February 2007. Sydney University Visual Physiology group on On the Origin of the Functional Architecture of the Cortex.