About the Authors
- Özge Tunçalp, Cynthia Stanton
- Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
- Arachu Castro, Marilyn Heymann
- Harvard Medical School, Harvard University, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
- Richard Adanu
- School of Public Health, University of Ghana, Accra, Ghana
- Kwame Adu-Bonsaffoh
- Korle Bu Teaching Hospital, University of Ghana, Accra, Ghana
- Samantha R. Lattof, Ana Langer
- Harvard School of Public Health, Harvard University, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
- Ann Blanc
- Population Council, New York, New York, United States of America
ÖT and CS conducted this work under Stanton-Hill Research LLC, funded by Maternal Health Task Force at EngenderHealth. AC is a member of the Editorial Board of PLOS Medicine. All of the other authors declare no competing interests associated with the work supporting this manuscript.
Conceived and designed the experiments: OT CS RA KAB AC MH AB AL SL. Performed the experiments: OT AC MH KAB RA. Analyzed the data: OT CS. Wrote the paper: OT CS. Contributed to the interpretation of data from the DR for the manuscript: AC MH. Provided input to the manuscript: AC MH KAB RA AB AL.