About the Authors
- Xianfeng Zhang, Tomoyoshi Sobue, Mao Isshiki, Shun-ichi Makino, Takashi Ohashi, Hirotaka Sato, Hisatoshi Shida
- Institute for Genetic Medicine, Hokkaido University, Kita-ku, Sapporo, Japan
- Makoto Inoue
- DNAVEC Corporation, Techno Park Oho, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
- Kazunori Kato
- Department of BioMedical Engineering, Toyo University, Kawagoe, Saitama, Japan
- Tatsuo Shioda
- Department of Viral Infection, Research Institute for Microbial Disease, Osaka University, Yamada-oka, Suita-shi, Osaka, Japan
- Jun Komano
- Division of Virology, Department of Infectious Diseases, Osaka Prefectural Institute of Public Health, Nakamichi Higashinari-ku, Osaka, Japan
- Hideji Hanabusa
- Ogikubo Hospital, Ogikubo, Suginami, Tokyo, Japan
The authors declare one author, M. Inoue, has an affiliation in DNAVEC Corporation. Although DNAVEC, a profit company, has developed and is preparing for marketing the Sendai Virus Vector (SeV Vector), it has not financially supported this study at all. This study has been exclusively supported by the grants (No: 21390135) of Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology and that (No: SAB4861) of Human Health Foundation. Thus, participation of Makoto Inoue, a member of DNAVEC, does not alter the authors' adherence to all the PLOS ONE policies on sharing data and materials.
Conceived and designed the experiments: XZ H. Shida. Performed the experiments: XZ T. Sobue M. Isshiki SM H. Sato. Analyzed the data: XZ T. Sobue M. Isshiki SM H. Shida. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: M. Inoue KK T. Shioda TO JK HH. Wrote the paper: XZ H. Shida.