About the Authors
- Hadassah Sade, Claudia Baumgartner, Jens Niewoehner
- Large Molecule Research, Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED), Roche, Penzberg, Germany
- Adrian Hugenmatter, Ekkehard Moessner
- Large Molecule Research, Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED), Roche, Schlieren, Switzerland
- Per-Ola Freskgård
- Neuroscience Discovery and Translation Area, Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED), F. Hoffmann-La Roche, Basel, Switzerland
The authors have read the journal's policy and have the following conflicts: All authors are paid employees of Roche affiliates, whose company funded this study. There are no products in development or marketed products to declare. Part of the data described in the paper are included in the patent application: "Method and Constructs for the pH Dependent Passage of the Blood-brain-barrier", US20120282176. This does not alter the authors' adherence to all the PLOS ONE policies on sharing data and materials.
Conceived and designed the experiments: JN HS AH EM POF. Performed the experiments: HS CB. Analyzed the data: HS JN CB. Wrote the paper: HS JN.