About the Authors
- Jan Murin
- Department of Internal Medicine and Cardiology, Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia
- Lisa Naditch-Brûlé
- Global Strategic Unit Cardio-Thrombosis, Sanofi, Paris, France
- Sandrine Brette
- Statistician, Lincoln, Boulogne-Billancourt, France
- Chern-En Chiang
- General Clinical Research Center, Taipei Veterans General Hospital and National Yang-Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
- James O’Neill
- Connolly/Mater Hospitals/Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin, Ireland
- P. Gabriel Steg
- Institut national de la santé et de la recherche médicale-U698, Paris, France; Université Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cite, Paris, France; Assistance publique – Hôpitaux de Paris, Hôpital Bichat, Paris, France
JM has received consultancy fees from sanofi, Boehringer Ingelheim, Roche, Merck, and Richter Gedeon and congress fees from Pfizer, Richter Gedeon, Abbott, Merck Sharp & Dohme, and Servier. LNB is an employee of sanofi. SB is an employee of Lincoln, under contract with sanofi. CEC has received honoraria for lectures from AstraZeneca, Merck Sharp & Dohme, Novartis, Pfizer, sanofi, Daichi-Sankyo, Bayer, Boehringer Ingelheim, Roche, Servier, Tanabe, and Takeda. JO has no financial disclosures. PGS has consulted for Astellas, AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals, Bayer HealthCare, LLC, Boehringer Ingelheim, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Daiichi, Gilead Sciences Inc., Medtronic Inc., Merck, Otsuka Research Institute, Pfizer Inc., Roche Diagnostics, sanofi, and Servier. This does not alter the authors’ adherence to all the PLOS ONE policies on sharing data and materials.
Conceived and designed the experiments: CEC JM SB JO PGS. Performed the experiments: CEC JO. Analyzed the data: JM LNB SB PGS. Wrote the paper: CEC JM SB JO PGS LNB.