About the Authors
- Cristiana Castaldo, Valentina Porcari
- Pharmacology Department, Siena Biotech, Siena, Italy
- Silvia Ciambellotti, Raquel de Pablo-Latorre, Paola Turano
- Magnetic Resonance Center (CERM), University of Florence, Sesto Fiorentino, Florence, Italy
- Daniela Lalli, Paola Turano
- Department of Chemistry, University of Florence, Sesto Fiorentino, Florence, Italy
The authors have read the journal’s policy and have the following potential conflicts: Cristiana Castaldo and Valentina Porcari are employees of the drug discovery Company Siena Biotech. Siena Biotech was not directly involved in the study design, analysis, or writing of the paper, nor in the decision to submit the manuscript for publication. There are no patents, products in development or marketed products to declare. This does not alter the authors’ adherence to all the PLOS ONE policies on sharing data and materials.
Conceived and designed the experiments: DL RDP-L PT. Performed the experiments: CC SC RDP-L VP. Analyzed the data: DL CC VP. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: SC RDP-L. Wrote the paper: RDP-L DL PT.