About the Authors
- Aranka Anema, Julio S. G. Montaner, Robert S. Hogg
- British Columbia Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS, St. Paul's Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Aranka Anema, Keith Chan, Yalin Chen, Julio S. G. Montaner
- Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Sheri Weiser
- Division of HIV/AIDS, San Francisco General Hospital, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
- Sheri Weiser
- Center for AIDS Prevention Studies, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
- Robert S. Hogg
- Faculty of Health Sciences, University of British Columbia, Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Julio S. G. Montaner has received educational grants from, served as an ad hoc adviser to or spoken at various events sponsored by Abbott Laboratories, Agouron Pharmaceuticals Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals Inc., Borean Pharma AS, Bristol-Myers Squibb, DuPont Pharma, Gilead Sciences, GlaxoSmithKline, Hoffmann-La Roche, Immune Response Corporation, Incyte, Janssen-Ortho Inc., Kucera Pharmaceutical Company, Merck Frosst Laboratories, Pfizer Canada Inc., Sanofi Pasteur, Shire Biochem Inc., Tibotec Pharmaceuticals Ltd. and Trimeris Inc. There are no patents, products in development or marketed products to declare. This does not alter the authors′ adherence to all the PLOS ONE policies on sharing data and materials.
Contributed specialist knowledge and critical review/feedback on manuscript drafts: SDW JSGM RSH. Conceived and designed the experiments: AA RSH. Analyzed the data: AA KC YC. Wrote the paper: AA.