About the Authors
- Raymond Schuch, Adam J. Pelzek, Assaf Raz, Chad W. Euler, Patricia A. Ryan, Benjamin Y. Winer, Vincent A. Fischetti
- Laboratory of Bacterial Pathogenesis and Immunology, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York, United States of America
- Patricia A. Ryan
- Hunter College School of Health Sciences, New York, New York, United States of America
- Andrew Farnsworth
- Information Science Program, Cornell Lab of Ornithology, Ithaca, New York, United States of America
- Shyam S. Bhaskaran, C. Erec Stebbins
- Laboratory of Structural Microbiology, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York, United States of America
- Yong Xu, Adrienne Clifford, David J. Bearss, Hariprasad Vankayalapati, Allan R. Goldberg
- Astex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (formerly known as SuperGen, Inc.), Dublin, California, United States of America
The authors have the following interests: Raymond Schuch is a PLOS ONE Editorial Board member. Yong Xu, Adrianne Clifford, David J. Bearss and Hariprasad Vankayalapati are employed by, and Allan R. Goldberg is a Board Member of, Astex Pharmaceuticals Inc. (formerly known as SuperGen, Inc.). Pending patent "Oxo-Imidazolyl Compounds," number US 2009/0298900 A1 and one provisional application. There are no further products in development or marketed products to declare. This does not alter the authors' adherence to all the PLOS ONE policies on sharing data and materials, as detailed online in the guide for authors.
Conceived and designed the experiments: RS AJP AR CWE PAR CES ARG VAF. Performed the experiments: RS AJP AR CWE BYW SSB YX AC HV. Analyzed the data: RS AJP AR CWE PAR BYW AF CES SSB YX AC DJB HV ARG VAF. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: RS PAR AF DJB ARG VAF. Wrote the paper: RS.