About the Authors
- Michelle A. LaRue, Matt Swanson
- Department of Earth Sciences, Polar Geospatial Center, University of Minnesota, St. Paul, Minnesota, United States of America
- David G. Ainley
- HT Harvey and Associates, Los Gatos, California, United States of America
- Katie M. Dugger
- Department of Fisheries and Wildlife, Oregon Cooperative Fish and Wildlife Research Unit, U.S. Geological Survey, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon, United States of America
- Phil O′B. Lyver
- Landcare Research, Lincoln, New Zealand
- Kerry Barton
- Bartonk Solutions, Nelson, New Zealand
- Grant Ballard
- PRBO Conservation Science, Petaluma, California, United States of America
The authors have the following interests. Dr. David G. Ainley is employed by HT Harvey and Associates, Dr. Phil Lyver by Landcare Research, and Kerry Barton by Bartonk Solutions. There are no patents, products in development or marketed products to declare. This does not alter the authors' adherence to all the PLOS ONE policies on sharing data and materials, as detailed online in the guide for authors.
Conceived and designed the experiments: DGA KD GB PL MAL. Performed the experiments: DGA KD GB PL MAL MS KB. Analyzed the data: KD GB MAL DGA KB. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: MS MAL KD. Wrote the paper: MAL DGA KD GB.