About the Authors
- Delia Bethell, David Saunders, Kosol Yongvanitchit, Amporn Limsalakpetch, Utaiwan Kum-Arb, Nichapat Uthaimongkol, Ans E. Timmermans, Anneke Engering, Stuart D. Tyner, Mark M. Fukuda, Douglas S. Walsh, Sathit Pichyangkul
- Department of Immunology and Medicine, Armed Forces Research Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangkok, Thailand
- Anan Jongkaewwattana, Jarin Kramyu
- Virology and Cell Technology Laboratory, National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, Bangkok, Thailand
- Arunee Thitithayanont, Suwimon Wiboon-ut
- Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
- Jean Michel Garcia, Malik Peiris
- University of Hong Kong-Pasteur Research Center, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, China
- Stephen Thomas, Richard G. Jarman, Duangrat Mongkolsirichaikul
- Department of Virology, Armed Forces Research Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangkok, Thailand
- Carl Mason, Nuanpan Khemnu
- Department of Enteric Diseases, Armed Forces Research Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangkok, Thailand
The authors declare they have no competing interests. This study was supported by MedImmune, which also provided FluMist Seasonal Trivalent Live Attenuated Intranasal Vaccine for use in the trial. This does not alter the authors' adherence to all the PLOS ONE policies on sharing data and materials, as detailed online in the guide for authors. There are no patents, products in development or marketed products to declare.
Conceived and designed the experiments: DB DS AE SDT MF SP. Performed the experiments: DB DS AJ JK AT SW KY AL UK NU JMG AT MP ST RGJ DM NK SDT DSW SP. Analyzed the data: DB DS KY AL NU MMF DSW SP. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: AJ JK AT SW JMG MP CM. Wrote the paper: DB DS AT JMG AT ST AE RGJ SDT MMF DSW SP.