About the Authors
- Lucy A. Howey-Jordan, Lance K. B. Jordan, Emily Gospodarczyk
- Microwave Telemetry, Inc., Columbia, Maryland, United States of America
- Edward J. Brooks, Annabelle Brooks, Sean Williams
- Shark Research and Conservation Program, Cape Eleuthera Institute, Eleuthera, The Bahamas
- Debra L. Abercrombie
- Abercrombie & Fish, Miller Place, New York, United States of America
- Demian D. Chapman
- School of Marine and Atmospheric Science & Institute for Ocean Conservation Science, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York, United States of America
Three of the coauthors of this manuscript, Lance Jordan, Emily Gospodarczyk and Lucy Howey-Jordan are employed by the company that developed and manufactures the satellite tags used in this study. In no way did their affiliation bias the results or their interpretation. Additionally, the authors declare that the authors’ affiliation with both Microwave Telemetry, Inc. and Abercrombie & Fish does not alter their adherence to all the PLOS ONE policies on sharing data and materials.
Completed field work: LAHJ EJB DLA LKBJ AB SW EG DDC. Conceived and designed the experiments: LAHJ EJB LKBJ DDC. Performed the experiments: LAHJ EJB DLA LKBJ AB SW DDC. Analyzed the data: LAHJ EG LKBJ DDC EJB. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: LAHJ LKBJ EG DDC. Wrote the paper: LAHJ LKBJ DDC.