About the Authors
- Andrew N. Phillips, Valentina Cambiano, Fumiyo Nakagawa, Fiona Lampe, Alison Rodger, Graham Hart, Anne M. Johnson
- Research Department of Infection & Population Health, UCL, London, United Kingdom
- Alison E. Brown, Valerie C. Delpech
- Health Protection Agency, London, United Kingdom
- Alec Miners
- London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom
- Jonathan Elford
- City University, London, United Kingdom
- Jens Lundgren
- Copenhagen University Hospital/Rigshospitalet, and University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
Contributed to the formulation of the research questions, had critical input into interpretation of results, and had substantial input into the drafting of the manuscript: AP VC FN AB FL AR AM JE GH AJ JL VD. Led on collection of the HIV surveillance data used in the analysis: VD AB. Worked on development and programming of the HIV Synthesis model: AP VC FN. Performed the modelling analysis: AP. Conceived and designed the experiments: AP VC FN AM AB FL AR JE GH AJ VD JL. Performed the experiments: AP VC FN. Analyzed the data: AP VC. Wrote the paper: AP VC FN AM AB FL AR JE GH AJ VD JL.