About the Authors
- Edward H. Schuchman, Yi Ge, Efrat Eliyahu, Xingxuan He, Calogera M. Simonaro
- Genetics and Genomic Sciences, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, United States of America
- Alon Lai, Yury Borisov, Meghan Faillace, James Iatridis
- Orthopedics, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, United States of America
- Helen Vlassara, Gary Striker
- Medicine and Geriatrics and Palliative Care, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, United States of America
EHS, GS, HV, and CMS are co-inventors on a patent application describing PPS therapy for the MPS diseases. A patent application (61/569,452) has been submitted for the use of pentosoan polysulfate in the MPS disorders. If this patent is licensed, it could generate royalty income for Mount Sinai and the inventors. This does not alter the authors’ adherence to all the PLOS ONE policies on sharing data and materials.
Conceived and designed the experiments: EHS CMS. Performed the experiments: YG AL MF EE XH CMS. Analyzed the data: EHS YB MF JI GS HV CMS. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: GS HV. Wrote the paper: EHS CMS.