About the Authors
- Eric S. Donkor, Brendan W. Wren
- Department of Pathogen Molecular Biology, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom
- Martin Antonio
- Vaccinology Theme, Medical Research Council, Fajara, The Gambia
- Richard A. Adegbola
- GlaxoSmithKline Vaccines, Wavre, Belgium
- Eric S. Donkor
- Department of Microbiology, University of Ghana Medical School, Accra, Ghana
Richard A. Adegbola is an employee of GlaxoSmithKline Vaccines in Belgium and received previous grant awards for pneumococcal carriage studies whilst working as an employee of the UK MRC Unit in The Gambia. This does not alter the authors' adherence to all the PLOS ONE policies on sharing data and materials. The other authors have no conflict of interest to declare.
Gave approval for publication of the manuscript: ESD MA RAA BWW. Conceived and designed the experiments: MA RAA BWW. Performed the experiments: ESD. Analyzed the data: ESD. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: MA RAA BWW. Wrote the paper: ESD MA RAA BWW.