About the Authors
- Jan S. Suchodolski, Melissa E. Markel, Romy M. Heilmann, Yasushi Minamoto, Jörg M. Steiner
- Gastrointestinal Laboratory, Small Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas, United States of America
- Jose F. Garcia-Mazcorro
- Facultad de Medicina Veterinaria, Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León. Gral. Escobedo, Nuevo León, México
- Stefan Unterer
- Clinic of Small Animal Medicine, Ludwig-Maximillians-University, Munich, Germany
- Scot E. Dowd
- Molecular Research DNA Laboratory, Shallowater, Texas, United States of America
- Priyanka Kachroo, Ivan Ivanov, Enricka M. Dillman, Audrey K. Cook
- College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas, United States of America
- Linda Toresson
- Helsingborg Referral Animal Hospital, Helsingborg, Sweden
The authors have read the journal’s policy and have the following conflict. Author Scot E. Dowd is an employee of MR DNA (Molecular Research), Shallowater. There are no patents, products in development or marketed products to declare. This does not alter the authors’ adherence to all the PLOS ONE policies on sharing data and materials, as detailed online in the guide for authors.
Conceived and designed the experiments: JSS SU JMS AKC LT. Performed the experiments: JSS MEM JFG SU RMH SED YM EMD LT. Analyzed the data: JSS MEM JFG SED PK II YM. Wrote the paper: JSS MEM JFG SU RMH SED PK II YM JMS AKC LT.