About the Authors
- Shee-Mei Lok, Heather Holdaway, Paul Chipman, Michael G. Rossmann
- Department of Biological Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, United States of America
- Joshua M. Costin, Yancey M. Hrobowski, Dawne K. Rowe, Krystal A. Fontaine, Sharon Isern, Scott F. Michael
- Department of Biological Sciences, Florida Gulf Coast University, Fort Myers, Florida, United States of America
- Yancey M. Hrobowski, Robert F. Garry
- Department of Microbiology and Immunology and Graduate Program in Cellular and Molecular Biology, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America
- Andrew R. Hoffmann, William C. Wimley
- Department of Biochemistry, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America
- Michael R. Holbrook
- Department of Pathology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas, United States of America
- Shee-Mei Lok, Petra Kukkaro, Victor Kostyuchenko
- Emerging Infectious Diseases, Duke–NUS, Department of Biological Sciences, National University of Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Tulane University has applied for patents covering the peptide described in this work with RFG and SFM as inventors (7,416,733 issued 8/26/2008, 7,854,937 issued 12/21/2010, application 20110130328 filed 8/22/2008). This does not alter the authors’ adherence to all the PLOS ONE policies on sharing data and materials.
Conceived and designed the experiments: JMC SML WCW MGR SI RFG SFM. Performed the experiments: SML VK MGR HH PC PK JMC YMH MRH DKR KAF SI ARH. Analyzed the data: JMC SML WCW MGR SI RFG SFM. Wrote the paper: SML JMC WCW MGR SFM.