About the Authors
- Sofia Zanin, Christian Borgo, Cristina Girardi, Lorenzo A. Pinna, Arianna Donella-Deana, Maria Ruzzene
- Department of Biomedical Sciences and National Research Council Institute of Neurosciences, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
- Sean E. O'Brien
- Cylene Pharmaceuticals, San Diego, California, United States of America
- Yoshihiko Miyata
- Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
- Lorenzo A. Pinna, Maria Ruzzene
- Venetian Institute of Molecular Medicine, Padova, Italy
SOB is currently employed by Cylene Pharmaceuticals which holds United States patents for CX-4945 (United States 7,956,064) and CX-5011 (United States 7,910,600). This does not alter the authors' adherence to all the PLOS ONE policies on sharing data and materials. The remaining authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
Conceived and designed the experiments: MR ADD LAP. Performed the experiments: SZ CB CG. Analyzed the data: MR SZ CB CG ADD. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: SOB YM. Wrote the paper: MR.