About the Authors
- Elisa Giovannetti, Amir Avan, Valentina Gallá, Godefridus J. Peters
- Department of Medical Oncology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Arjan van der Velde, Leticia G. Leon
- Centre Integrative Bioinformatics, VU University, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Niccola Funel, Luca E. Pollina, Daniela Campani
- Department of Surgical Pathology, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
- Enrico Vasile, Sara Caponi, Alfredo Falcone
- Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Pisana, Istituto Tumori Toscano, Pisa, Italy
- Vittorio Perrone, Nelide De Lio, Ugo Boggi
- Department of General Surgery and Transplants, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
- Hiroko Sudo
- New Frontiers Research Laboratories, Toray Industries Inc., Kanagawa, Japan
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist. In this study, the authors use products of Toray Industries, Inc., 3D-GeneTM”for the miRNA microarray, but this does not alter the authors' adherence to all the PLOS ONE policies on sharing data and materials.
Conceived and designed the experiments: EG AV LGL NF EV. Performed the experiments: EG AA HS VG. Analyzed the data: EG AV LGL. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: GJP HS UB EG AF. Wrote the paper: EG AV GJP. Obtained and analyzed tissue samples: DC LEP VP ND. Contributed to the analysis of clinical database: SC.