About the Authors
- Selma P. Wiertsema, Guicheng Zhang, Peter C. Richmond, Lea-Ann S. Kirkham
- School of Paediatrics and Child Health, University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
- Selma P. Wiertsema, Karli J. Corscadden, Eva N. Mowe, Wayne R. Thomas, Peter C. Richmond, Lea-Ann S. Kirkham
- Centre for Child Health Research, Telethon Institute for Child Health Research, Perth, Australia
- Shyan Vijayasekaran, Harvey L. Coates
- Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
- Timothy J. Mitchell
- Division of Infection and Immunity, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, United Kingdom
SW and LK have received institutional funding for studies investigating bacterial pathogens in children with rAOM and travel funding from GlaxoSmithKline. TM has received institutional funding from Wyeth Vaccines and GlaxoSmithKline. LK and TM are co-inventors on patents PCT/GB2007/002242, PCT/GB2005/001792 and PCT/GB2005/001774. HC and SV have served as consultants and have received travel funding from GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals. PR has received institutional funding for epidemiological research from GlaxoSmithKline and CSL and served on advisory boards for CSL and Wyeth Vaccines. All other authors have indicated they have no conflicts of interest.
Conceived and designed the experiments: SW KC PR WT TM SV HC LK. Performed the experiments: SW KC LK EM. Analyzed the data: SW GZ KC LK PR. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: SV HC WT TM. Wrote the paper: SW GZ KC LK WT PR.