About the Authors
- Albert Jan van Hoek
- Immunisation, Hepatitis and Blood Safety Department, Health Protection Agency, London, United Kingdom
- Mwanajuma Ngama, Jane Chuma, D. James Nokes
- Kenya Medical Research Institute, Centre for Geographic Medicine Research-Coast, Kilifi, Kenya
- Amina Ismail, David Mutonga
- Division of Disease Surveillance and Response, Ministry of Public Health and Sanitation, Nairobi, Kenya
- Samuel Cheburet
- Health Information System, Ministry of Health, Nairobi, Kenya
- Tatu Kamau
- Division of Vaccines & Immunization, Ministry of Public Health and Sanitation, Nairobi, Kenya
- D. James Nokes
- School of Life Sciences, University of Warwick, Coventry, United Kingdom
The authors have read the journal’s policy and have the following conflicts: JN has received travel and accommodation support to attend a meeting (2/12/11) convened by GSK at which he acted as a scientific advisor. TK is head of the Division of Vaccines and Immunization, MoPHS Kenya and identified to GAVI the preference to use the GSK Rotarix vaccine for Kenya. This decision was made after the current project was conceived but before its completion. The decision had no influence over the analysis or interpretation of the results presented in this paper. This does not alter the authors’ adherence to all PLoS policies on sharing data and material.
Conceived and designed the experiments: AJvH JN. Performed the experiments: AJvH MN AI TK SC DM. Analyzed the data: AJvH. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: AJvH AI MN JC SC TK DM JN. Wrote the paper: AJvH.