About the Authors
- Richard E. Gilbert
- Keenan Research Centre, Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, St. Michael’s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Yuan Zhang, Alison J. Cox, Robyn Langham, Darren J. Kelly
- Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne, St. Vincent’s Hospital, Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia
- Spencer J. Williams, Steven C. Zammit
- Bio21 Molecular Science and Biotechnology Institute, School of Chemistry, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
- David I. Stapleton
- Department of Physiology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
- Henry Krum
- Centre of Cardiovascular Research and Education in Therapeutics, School of Public Health, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
- Darren J. Kelly
- Fibrotech Therapeutics Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia
The authors have the following interests: Richard E. Gilbert, Spencer J. Williams, Steven C. Zammit, David Stapleton, Henry Krum and Darren J. Kelly are co-founders and stock holders of Fibrotech Therapeutics, one of the funders for this study. The FT011 drug used in this study was developed by Fibrotech Therapeutics, which is the patent owner. There are no further patents, products in development or marketed products to declare. This does not alter the authors' adherence to all the PLOS ONE policies on sharing data and materials, as detailed online in the guide for authors. Yuan Zhang, Alison J. Cox and Robyn Langham have no competing interests.
Conceived and designed the experiments: DJK REG YZ. Performed the experiments: YZ AJC. Analyzed the data: YZ AJC DJK REG HK RL. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: SJW SCZ DIS. Wrote the paper: REG YZ DJK.