About the Authors
- Briana Jill Williams, Shilpa Bhatia, Lisa K. Adams, Susan Boling, Jennifer L. Carroll, Xiao-Lin Li, Donna L. Rogers, J. Michael Mathis
- Gene Therapy Program, Departments of Urology, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, and Cellular Biology and Anatomy, and the Feist-Weiller Cancer Center, LSU Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, Louisiana, United States of America
- Nikolay Korokhov, Imre Kovesdi
- VectorLogics, Inc., Birmingham, Alabama, United States of America
- Alexander V. Pereboev
- Departments of Medicine and Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, United States of America
- David T. Curiel
- Department of Radiation Oncology, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri, United States of America
The authors have read the journal’s policy and have the following conflicts: Imre Kovesdi is Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Office of VectorLogics, Inc., David T. Curiel is Chief Scientific Officer and Founder of VectorLogics, Inc., and Nikolay Korokhov was employed as Senior Scientist at VectorLogics, Inc. during the execution of the work. This work uses technology based on U.S. patent 6,841,540 entitled “Immunomodulation by genetic modification of dendritic cells and B cells” that involves a CD40-targeted recombinant adenoviral vector for genetic manipulation of dendritic cells and B cells. No products in development, or marketed products are associated with this work. This competing interest does not alter the authors’ adherence to all the PLOS ONE policies on sharing data and materials. This does not alter the authors’ adherence to all the PLOS ONE policies on sharing data and materials.
Conceived and designed the experiments: BJW IK AVP DTC JMM. Performed the experiments: SB LKA SLB JLC XL DLR NK. Analyzed the data: BJW SB LKA SLB JLC XL DLR NK AVP IK DTC JMM. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: BJW IK AVP DTC JMM. Wrote the paper: BJW SB LKA SLB JLC XL DLR NK AVP IK DTC JMM.