About the Authors
- Gustaf Ahlén, Lena Strindelius, Tomas Johansson, Anki Nilsson, Nathalie Chatzissavidou
- Recopharma AB, Stockholm, Sweden
- Magnus Sjöblom, Ulrika Rova
- Biochemical and Chemical Process Engineering, Luleå University of Technology, Luleå, Sweden
- Jan Holgersson
- Clinical Chemistry and Transfusion Medicine, Sahlgrenska Academy, Gothenburg, Sweden
JH is acting CEO, board member and shareholder of Recopharma AB. At the time of the study, GA, LS, TJ, AN, and NC were employees of Recopharma. MS has been partly funded by Recopharma through a research grant to LTU. The technology described in the manuscript has been patent-sought by Recopharma, “Production of Human Glycosylated Proteins in Yeast and Methods of Use Thereof” (United States application number 11/626156. Filing date 23-Jan-2007.) (WO application number PCT/IB2007/004164. Filing date 23-Jan-2007.) This does not alter the authors' adherence to all the PLOS ONE policies on sharing data and materials.
Conceived and designed the experiments: GA LS JH UR. Performed the experiments: GA LS TJ NC MS. Analyzed the data: GA LS TJ JH. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: TJ AN NC MS. Wrote the paper: GA LS TJ MS JH.