About the Authors
- Mathias Ackermann, Fabienne Hartmann-Fritsch, Nelli Schetle
- Institute of Virology, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
- Maxim Koriabine, Pieter J. de Jong
- BACPAC Resources Center, Children's Hospital Oakland Research Institute, Oakland, California, United States of America
- Thierry M. Work, Julie Dagenais
- US Geological Survey, National Wildlife Health Center Honolulu Field Station, Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
- George H. Balazs
- National Marine Fisheries Service, Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center, Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
- Teresa D. Lewis, Thierry M. Work, Jo-Ann C. Leong
- Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Kaneohe, Hawaii, United States of America
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
Conceived and designed the experiments: MA MK FH PdJ JAL. Performed the experiments: MA MK FH NS. Analyzed the data: MA MK FH NS PdJ JAL TL JD TW GB. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: MA TL TW NS JD PdJ GB. Wrote the paper: MA MK FH PdJ TL TW JD JAL. Generated and provided essentially virus-free cell cultures, which were necessary to establish RT-PCR for F-sial and F-M04 (data not shown in the manuscript): TW JD.