About the Authors
- Teresa A. Victor, Maura L. Furey, Stephen J. Fromm, Wayne C. Drevets
- National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
- Teresa A. Victor, Patrick S. F. Bellgowan, Wayne C. Drevets
- Laureate Institute for Brain Research, Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States of America
- Teresa A. Victor, Arne Öhman
- Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
- Patrick S. F. Bellgowan
- Faculty of Community Medicine, University of Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States of America
Dr. Furey and Dr. Drevets: for relevant financial activities outside the submitted work (money paid to them and their institution): a pending patent, US Patent Application No: 2006/0270,698 entitled “Scopolamine for the Treatment of Depression and Anxiety". NIMH is the primary patent holder. Dr. Drevets: for the work under consideration for publication: grant money to his institution (NIMH DIRP) and for relevant financial activities outside the submitted work: consultancy (money paid to him) at Myriad, Esai, Johnson & Johnson and Pfizer; grant money to his institution from the William K. Warren Foundation in support of Laureate Institute for Brain Research; payment for development of educational presentations (lecture honoraria): University of PA, Washington University, UC-Davis, CME Incorporated. There are no further patents, products in development or marketed products to declare. This does not alter the authors' adherence to all the PLOS ONE policies on sharing data and materials, as detailed online in the guide for authors.
Conceived and designed the experiments: TV MF AÖ WD. Performed the experiments: TV. Analyzed the data: TV MF SF PB WD. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: WD. Wrote the paper: TV WD. Interpretation of the imaging analysis results: TV MF PB AÖ WD. Provided revisions of the manuscript for critically important intellectual content: MF SF PB AÖ.