About the Authors
- Rachel M. Ostroff, Michael R. Mehan, Alex Stewart, Deborah Ayers, Edward N. Brody, Stephen A. Williams
- Clinical Research, SomaLogic Inc., Boulder, Colorado, United States of America
- Stephen Levin
- Center for Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Mt. Sinai Medical Center, New York, New York, United States of America
- Brad Black
- Center for Asbestos Related Diseases, Libby, Montana, United States of America
- Michael Harbut
- Environmental Cancer Program, Karmanos Cancer Center, Detroit, Michigan, United States of America
- Michele Carbone
- Department of Pathology, Cancer Research Center of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
- Chandra Goparaju, Harvey I. Pass
- Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, New York University Langone Medical Center and Cancer Center, New York, New York, United States of America
RO, MM, AS, DA, EB, and SW are employees of SomaLogic. SomaLogic funded the proteomic analyses. This does not alter the authors' adherence to all the PLOS ONE policies on sharing data and materials. The remaining authors have no conflict of interest.
Conceived and designed the experiments: RO MM AS EB SW HP. Performed the experiments: DA CG. Analyzed the data: RO MM AS EB SW CG HP. Wrote the paper: RO MM AS HP. Study participant recruitment, sample and clinical data collection: SL BB MH HP. Pathologic diagnosis and staging: MC HP.