About the Authors
- Ryan Yanashima, Noah Weiss, Mark A. Hayes
- Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry, Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona, United States of America
- Antonio A. García
- School of Biological and Health Systems Engineering, Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona, United States of America
- James Aldridge, James H. Andrews
- Department of Physics and Astronomy, Youngstown State University, Youngstown, Ohio, United States of America
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
Conceived and designed the experiments: RY AAG JA NW MAH JHA. Performed the experiments: RY JA JHA. Analyzed the data: RY AAG. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: RY AAG NW. Wrote the paper: RY AAG MAH. Developed the concepts behind the data analysis by designing and conducting preliminary experiments on drop slicing: AAG JA JHA. Fabrication of zinc and copper blades and data collection for primary experiments and video analysis: RY. Mathematical formulations: RY AAG MAH. Initial inspiration for idea from previous related works: AAG NW MAH. Provided materials to JA and JHA for preliminary experiments: NW MAH. Provided Teflon slides to RY for primary experiments: AAG. Original idea before preliminary experiments: AAG NW MH.