About the Authors
- Juan Francisco Hernandez, Aukje K. Mantel-Teeuwisse, Svetlana V. Belitser, Jan A. M. Raaijmakers, Toine Pieters
- Department of Pharmacoepidemiology and Clinical Pharmacology, Utrecht Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences (UIPS), Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
- Ghislaine J. M. W. van Thiel
- Julius Centre for Health Sciences and Primary Care, University Medical Centre Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
- Jan Warmerdam
- IMS Health, Capelle aan den IJssel, The Netherlands
- Vincent de Valk
- Genees-en hulpmiddelen Informatie Project (GIP – Drug Information Project), Healthcare Insurance Board (CVZ), Diemen, The Netherlands
- Jan A. M. Raaijmakers
- GlaxoSmithKline, External Scientific Collaborations Europe, Zeist, The Netherlands
- Toine Pieters
- EMGO, VU Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
JAMR is part-time professor at the Utrecht University and vice-president of external scientific collaborations for GSK in Europe, and holds stock in GSK. GSK was a co-funder for this study as part of the Dutch government-led research consortium TI-Pharma-Escher programme. The department of Pharmacoepidemiology and Clinical Pharmacology, Utrecht Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences, has received unrestricted research funding from the Netherlands Organisation for Health Research and Development (ZonMW), the Dutch Health Care Insurance Board (CVZ), the Royal Dutch Pharmacists Association (KNMP), the private-public funded Top Institute Pharma (www.tipharma.nl, includes co-funding from universities, government, and industry), the EU Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI), EU 7th Framework Program (FP7), the Dutch Medicines Evaluation Board, the Dutch Ministry of Health and industry (including GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, and others). JW is director Healthcare Relations at IMS Health in the NL. VV is data manager at the GIP (Drug Information Project) in the NL. Paroxetine is a Glaxo Smith Kline product. There are no further patents, products in development or marketed products to declare. This does not alter the authors’ adherence to all the PLOS ONE policies on sharing data and materials, as detailed online in the guide for authors.
Analyzed the data: JFH SVB AKM TP. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: JW VV SVB. Wrote the paper: JF AKM GT TP. Conceived and designed the study: JFH AKM GT JAMR SVB TP. Performed the analyses: JFH SVB. Statistical support: SVB.