About the Authors
- Silvia Pisaneschi, Francesca A. L. Strigini, Angel M. Sanchez, Silvia Begliuomini, Elena Casarosa, Andrea R. Genazzani, Tommaso Simoncini
- Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Department of Reproductive Medicine and Child Development, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
- Paolo Ghirri, Antonio Boldrini
- Division of Neonatology, Department of Reproductive Medicine and Child Development, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
- Andrea Ripoli
- Institute of Clinical Physiology, National Research Council, Pisa, Italy
- Bruno Fink
- Noxygen Science Transfer and Diagnostics, Elzach, Germany
- Silvia Pisaneschi, Flavio Coceani
- Institute of Life Sciences, Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna, Pisa, Italy
B. Fink is the Business Manager of Noxygen Science Transfer & Diagnostics, a company that provides a service to measure NO-Hb in biological fluids and other samples. This does not alter the authors’ adherence to all the PLOS ONE policies on sharing data and materials. None of the other authors have conflicts of interest.
Conceived and designed the experiments: SP TS. Performed the experiments: SP AMS EC BF SB FALS PG AB. Analyzed the data: SP AR ARG FC TS. Wrote the paper: SP FC TS.