About the Authors
- Andrew E. Ekpenyong, Graeme Whyte, Kevin Chalut, Stefano Pagliara, Franziska Lautenschläger, Ulrich F. Keyser, Jochen Guck
- Cavendish Laboratory, Department of Physics, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Christine Fiddler, Edwin R. Chilvers
- Department of Medicine, University of Cambridge School of Clinical Medicine, Addenbrooke's and Papworth Hospitals, Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Stephan Paschke
- Department of Surgery, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
- Jochen Guck
- Biotechnology Center, Technische Universität Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Jochen Guck holds the following patents on the optical stretcher technology as pertinent to this publication: “Optical Stretcher” U.S. (#6,067,859), EU (#1,059,871), Canada (#2,322,212), Japan (#4,456,270), Hong Kong (#1,032,726). At present, the patents are not licensed to any commercial entity and no financial gains through royalties, consultancy, employment or otherwise are derived from them. This does not alter the authors' adherence to all the PLOS ONE policies on sharing data and materials.
Conceived and designed the experiments: AEE FL UFK ERC JG. Performed the experiments: AEE GW KC SP FL CF. Analyzed the data: AEE GW KC SP. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: AEE GW KC SP CF UFK ERC JG. Wrote the paper: AEE GW JG.