About the Authors
- Paula E. Miller, Aksharananda Rambachan, Roderick J. Hubbard, Jiabai Li, Alison E. Meyer
- Department of Statistics, Saint Olaf College, Northfield, Minnesota, United States of America
- Peter Stephens
- IMS Health, London, United Kingdom
- Anthony W. Mounts, Charles R. Penn
- World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
- Melissa A. Rolfes
- Division of Epidemiology and Community Health, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States of America
Peter Stephens, one of the co-authors, is employed by IMS Health. IMS Health is paid by the pharmaceutical industry and governments around the world to collect, analyze and/or consult on patterns relating to the consumption of medicines, including the manufacturers of the two medicines described in this study. No payments to IMS Health or Peter Stephens were made for this analysis. None of the other authors have any potential conflicts of interest to report. This does not alter the authors' adherence to all the PLoS ONE policies on sharing data and materials.
Conceived and designed the experiments: PEM AR RJH JL AEM MAR PS CRP AWM. Analyzed the data: PEM AR RJH JL AEM MAR CRP AWM. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: PS CRP AWM. Wrote the paper: PEM AR RJH JL AEM MAR PS CRP AWM.