About the Authors
- Miriam K. Laufer, Phillip C. Thesing, Matthew B. Laurens, Christopher V. Plowe
- Malaria Group, Howard Hughes Medical Institute/Center for Vaccine Development, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
- Fraction K. Dzinjalamala, Osward M. Nyirenda, Rhoda Masonga
- Blantyre Malaria Project, University of Malawi College of Medicine, Blantyre, Malawi
- Abbie Stokes-Riner
- EMMES Corporation, Rockville, Maryland, United States of America
- Terrie E. Taylor
- College of Osteopathic Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan, United States of America
MKL received an investigator-initiate grant from Pfizer Global Pharmaceuticals from 2006–2010. Azithromycin was donated by Pfizer, Inc.. ASR is employed by EMMES Corporation. There are no patents, products in development or further marketed products to declare. This does not alter the authors' adherence to all the PLoS ONE policies on sharing data and materials, as detailed online in the guide for authors.
Conceived and designed the experiments: MKL FKD PCT TET CVP. Performed the experiments: MKL PCT FKD OMN RM MBL TET. Analyzed the data: MKL ASR CVP. Wrote the paper: MKL ASR TET CVP.