About the Authors
- Lacey M. Litchfield, Krista A. Riggs, Alyson M. Hockenberry, Laura D. Oliver, Katelyn G. Barnhart, Margarita M. Ivanova, Carolyn M. Klinge
- Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology and Center for Genetics and Molecular Medicine, Louisville, Kentucky, United States of America
- Jian Cai, William M. Pierce Jr.
- Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, Kentucky, United States of America
- Paula J. Bates
- James Graham Brown Cancer Center, Louisville, Kentucky, United States of America
- Savitri N. Appana, Susmita Datta
- Department of Bioinformatics and Biostatistics, University of Louisville School of Public Health and Information Sciences, Louisville, Kentucky, United States of America
- Piotr Kulesza
- Department of Pathology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
- Jean McBryan, Leonie S. Young
- Endocrine Oncology Research Group, Department of Surgery, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin, Ireland
The authors have the following interest: Dr. Bates is an inventor on issued patents (U.S. Patent # 8,029,8974; 7,960,540; 7,541,150; 7,357,928; 7,314,926) or pending patents related to AS1411 and nucleolin. Dr. Bates has financial interests in Antisoma PLC as a shareholder. There are no further products in development or marketed products to declare. This does not alter the authors' adherence to all the PLoS ONE policies on sharing data and materials, as detailed online in the guide for authors. All other authors report no conflict of interest.
Conceived and designed the experiments: LML KAR CMK. Performed the experiments: LML KAR AMK LDO KGB JC WMP MMI PK JM LSY. Analyzed the data: LML KAR AMK SNA SD PK JM LSY CMK. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: MMI PJB. Wrote the paper: LML KAR PJB CMK.