About the Authors
- Yamil Gerena, Joyce M. Velez, Dianedis Toro-Nieves, Raul Mayo, Valerie Wojna
- NeuroAIDS Specialized Neuroscience Research Program, University of Puerto Rico, San Juan, Puerto Rico, United States of America
- Yamil Gerena
- School of Pharmacy, University of Puerto Rico, San Juan, Puerto Rico, United States of America
- Richard L. Skolasky
- Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
- Raul Mayo
- Departments of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Puerto Rico, San Juan, Puerto Rico, United States of America
- Avindra Nath
- Section of Infections of the Nervous System, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
- Valerie Wojna
- Internal Medicine Neurology Division, University of Puerto Rico, San Juan, Puerto Rico, United States of America
A patent disclosure has been submitted to our institution, The University of Puerto Rico (UPR), for the procedures used in the methodology of our study and has been accepted for further evaluation by our institution's Intellectual Property Office. The UPR has filed a patent application for the invention at the United States Patent & Trademark Office entitled: “Soluble insulin receptor as a biomarker for HIV-associated neurocognitive disorder (HAND)”. Therefore, the invention is patent pending. It is the UPR policy not to publish its patent applications including the application numbers. This does not alter the authors' adherence to all the PLoS ONE policies on sharing data and materials.
Conceived and designed the experiments: YG VW. Performed the experiments: YG DTN. Analyzed the data: RLS JMV. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: YG RM VW. Wrote the paper: YG RLS JMV RM AN VW.