About the Authors
- Michael G. Fehlings, Jefferson R. Wilson, Anoushka Singh, David W. Cadotte, Eric M. Massicotte, Stephen Lewis, Raja Rampersaud
- Divisions of Neurosurgery and Orthopedic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Alexander Vaccaro, James S. Harrop
- Division of Spinal Disorders, Department of Neurosurgery and Orthopedic Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
- Bizhan Aarabi
- Department of Neurosurgery, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
- Christopher Shaffrey
- Departments of Neurosurgery and Orthopedic Surgery, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, United States of America
- Marcel Dvorak, Charles Fisher
- Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Paul Arnold
- Department of Neurosurgery, University of Kansas, Kansas City, Kansas, United States of America
No direct funding was received by the authors from Medtronic Inc and there are no financial ties between authors and the company. The logistics of the study were supported by PhDx through an unrestricted grant to the Spine Trauma Study Group by Medtronic Inc. There are no patents, products in development or marketed products to declare. This does not alter the authors' adherence to all the PLoS ONE policies on sharing data and materials.
Conceived and designed the experiments: MGF AV JRW AS DWC JSH BA CS MD CF PA EMM SL RR. Performed the experiments: MGF AV JRW AS DWC JSH BA CS MD CF PA EMM SL RR. Analyzed the data: MGF JRW. Wrote the paper: MGF JRW.