About the Authors
- Mary F. Kearney, Jonathan Spindler, Ann Wiegand, Elizabeth M. Anderson, Frank Maldarelli, Steve H. Hughes, Stuart F. J. Le Grice
- HIV Drug Resistance Program, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, Maryland, United States of America
- Wei Shao
- Advanced Biomedical Computing Center, SAIC, Frederick, Maryland, United States of America
- Francis W. Ruscetti
- Laboratory of Experimental Immunology, Cancer and Inflammation Program, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, Maryland, United States of America
- John W. Mellors
- Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America
- John M. Coffin
- Department of Molecular Biology and Microbiology, Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
Dr. Mellors is a consultant for Gilead Sciences, Merck, and RFS Pharma and owns share options in RFS Pharma. Dr. Shao is an employee of SIAC, Frederick. There are no patents, products in development or marketed products to declare. This does not alter the authors' adherence to all the PLoS ONE policies on sharing data and materials. The other authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
Conceived and designed the experiments: MK JMC. Performed the experiments: MK AW JS FR. Analyzed the data: MK JS AW JMC WS EA. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: FM SL FR. Wrote the paper: MK JMC JWM SH.