About the Authors
- Timo Wulfmeyer, Christian Polzer, Gregor Hiepler, Gerhard Thiel, Tobias Meckel
- Plant Membrane Biophysics, Technische Universität Darmstadt, Darmstadt, Germany
- Kay Hamacher
- Computational Biology Group, Technische Universität Darmstadt, Darmstadt, Germany
- Robert Shoeman
- Department of Biomolecular Mechanisms, Max Planck Institute for Medical Research, Heidelberg, Germany
- David D. Dunigan, James L. Van Etten
- Department of Plant Pathology and Nebraska Center for Virology, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Nebraska, United States of America
- Marco Lolicato, Anna Moroni
- Department of Biology and CNR IBF-Mi, Università degli Studi di Milano, Milano, Italy
The “Fonds der Chemischen Industrie” is a charity under German law to support basic research. Neither the foundation, nor its member companies had any role in study design, data collection and analysis, decision to publish, or preparation of the manuscript. The support does not alter the authors′ adherence to all the PLoS ONE policies on sharing data and materials. KH has no financial interest in the member companies of the foundation.
Conceived and designed the experiments: JLV AM GT TM. Performed the experiments: TW CP GH KH RS DD ML. Analyzed the data: TW CP GH KH RS DD TM GT. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: KH RS ML TM. Wrote the paper: AM JLV GT TM.