About the Authors
- Rachel C. Johnson
- Institute of Marine Sciences, University of California Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, California, United States of America
- Peter K. Weber
- Chemical Sciences Division, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, California, United States of America
- John D. Wikert
- Anadromous Fish Restoration Program, United States Fish and Wildlife Service, Stockton, California, United States of America
- Michelle L. Workman
- East Bay Municipal Utility District, Lodi, California, United States of America
- R. Bruce MacFarlane
- Southwest Fisheries Science Center, National Marine Fisheries Service, Santa Cruz, California, United States of America
- Marty J. Grove, Axel K. Schmitt
- Department of Earth and Space Sciences, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
MW was employeed by East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD) during the project period and coordinated sample collection as part of EBMUD's salmon monitoring program. Sampling design was conceived by grantees. This collaboration does not alter the authors′ adherence to all the PLoS ONE policies on sharing data and materials.
Conceived and designed the experiments: RCJ PW JW MW. Analyzed the data: RCJ PW AS. Wrote the paper: RCJ PW. Performed chemical analyses: RCJ PW MG AS. Contributed analysis tool: RBM. Project management: RBM.