About the Authors
- Jane S. Greatorex, Martin D. Curran, Tim Wreghitt, Harsha Varsani, Fayna Garcia
- Health Protection Agency, Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Paul Digard, Robert Moynihan, Harrison Wensley
- Division of Virology, Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Joanne Enstone, Jonathan S. Nguyen-Van-Tam
- Division of Epidemiology and Public Health, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, United Kingdom
- Jonathan S. Nguyen-Van-Tam
- Health Protection Agency, East Midlands, Nottingham, United Kingdom
The authors have read the journal's policy and have the following conflicts: JSG, MDC and TW are employed by the funder. JSN-V-T holds an honorary contract with the funder. JSN-V-T was a member of the UK Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (SAGE) during 2009/10. JEE and JSN-V-T contributed to the writing of pandemic infection control guidelines for healthcare settings for the Department of Health, England. This does not alter the authors' adherence to all the PLoS ONE policies on sharing data and materials.
Conceived and designed the experiments: JSG RM HW JE TW MDC JSN-V-T. Performed the experiments: JSG RM HW HV FG. Analyzed the data: JSG PD. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: PD. Wrote the paper: JSG RM PD MDC TW JE JSN-V-T. Applied for funding: JSN-V-T TW MDC.