About the Authors
- Thomas J. Moore
- Institute for Safe Medication Practices, Alexandria, Virginia, United States of America
- Curt D. Furberg
- Division of Public Health Sciences, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States of America
- Joseph Glenmullen
- Department of Psychiatry-Cambridge Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States of America
- John T. Maltsberger
- Department of Psychiatry-McLean Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Belmont, Massachusetts, United States of America
- Sonal Singh
- Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
TJM and JG have served as expert witnesses in a United States Army General Court Martial for a criminal matter in which varenicline had been taken; they also have been retained as plaintiffs' consulting experts in the multi-district U.S. District Court civil litigation relating to varenicline. This does not alter the authors' adherence to all the PLoS One policies on sharing data and materials.
Conceived and designed the experiments: TJM CDF JG JTM SS. Performed the experiments: TJM. Analyzed the data: TJM SS JG CDF JTM. Wrote the paper: TJM. Significant critical input: JTM JG SS CDF.