About the Authors
- Gyoung-Ah Lee
- Department of Anthropology, University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon, United States of America
- Gary W. Crawford
- Department of Anthropology, University of Toronto Mississauga, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Li Liu
- East Asian Languages and Cultures, Stanford Archaeology Center, Stanford University, Stanford, California, United States of America
- Yuka Sasaki
- Paleo Labo Co., Ltd., Toda, Japan
- Xuexiang Chen
- Department of Archaeology, Shandong University, Jinan, China
Yuka Sasaki is an employee of Paleo Lab Co. Ltd. The collection and analysis of materials that Sasaki contributed to this research was completed during her doctoral research before she was hired by the Paleo Lab Co. Ltd. Therefore Sasaki Yuka contributed to all aspects of study and is not the property of the Paleo Labo, Ltd. There are no patents, products in development or marketed products to declare. This does not alter the authors‘ adherence to all the PLoS ONE policies on sharing data and materials.
Conceived and designed the experiments: GL GWC LL. Performed the experiments: GL GWC LL. Analyzed the data: GL GWC LL YS XC. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: GL GWC LL YS XC. Wrote the paper: GL GWC LL. Data acquisition & excavation: GL GWC LL. Revised the draft critically for important intellectual content: GL GWC LL YS XC.