About the Authors
- Gijs Hubben, Maarten Postma
- Department of Pharmacy, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
- Martin Bootsma
- Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
- Martin Bootsma, Marc Bonten
- Department of Medical Microbiology, Julius Center for Health Sciences and Primary Care, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
- Gijs Hubben, Diarmuid Glynn
- BaseCase Software, Berlin, Germany
- Michiel Luteijn
- School of Nursing, University of Ulster, Belfast, United Kingdom
- David Bishai
- Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland, United States
This study was financially supported by Becton Dickinson (San Diego, CA) and 3M (Minneapolis, MI), through research grants without publication restrictions. This did not alter the authors' adherence to all the PLoS ONE policies on sharing data and materials. GAAH and DMG are financially supported by BaseCase (Berlin, Germany). In their capacities as consultants for BaseCase software, GAAH and DMG have performed consulting work for Becton Dickinson. This did not alter the authors' adherence to all the PLoS ONE policies on sharing data and materials. DB, MJP, and JML declare no competing interests.
Conceived and designed the experiments: GH MB DMB. Analyzed the data: GH MB DG. Wrote the paper: GH MB ML DG DMB. Principal investigator: MB. Supported the principal investigators and contributed to the manuscript: ML. Provided IT support and contributed to the manuscript: DG. Contributed to the study design: DMB. Critically reviewed all manuscript drafts and provided information on the clinical aspects of MRSA detection methods: DMB. Contributed to the supervision of this study: MJMB MP.