About the Authors
- Yevgeniy A. Grigoryev, Sunil M. Kurian, Daniel Campbell, Christopher Marsh, Daniel R. Salomon
- Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California, United States of America
- Jun Deng, Howard Schulman, Aaron B. Kantor
- Biomarker Discovery Sciences, Pharmaceutical Product Development (PPD), Menlo Park, California, United States of America
- Joanna Sung, Randolph Schaffer, Jonathan Fisher, Christopher Marsh, Daniel R. Salomon
- Scripps Center for Organ and Cell Transplantation, La Jolla, California, United States of America
- Zafi Avnur, Dominic Borie, Tania Nikolcheva, Anthony Quinn, Stanford L. Peng
- Roche, Palo Alto, California, United States of America
- Daniel Campbell, Tony Mondala, Steven Head
- The Scripps Research Institute (TSRI) DNA Microarray Core Facility, La Jolla, California, United States of America
- Stuart M. Flechner
- Glickman Urological Institute, The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, United States of America
There are two competing interests involved in this study. 1) Roche Pharmaceuticals employed the following authors: Z. Avnur, D. Borie, T. Nikolcheva, A. Quinn, and S.L. Peng. Roche funded part of this work as an unrestricted research grant to Dr. Daniel R. Salomon, the senior author. The rest of the work was supported by NIH grant AI063603 to Dr. Salomon. These employees of Roche were scientific collaborators and involved in the development of the study design and reviewed the first part of the data generated. Roche has relinquished any patent interests or IP ownership in anything involved in this project. Dr. Salomon and his collaborating scientists at Scripps and The Cleveland Clinic have no ongoing consultant or speaker arrangements of any kind with Roche and no stock, stock options or other forms of equity in Roche. 2) PPD employed the following authors during the time this work was done: J. Deng, A.B. Kantor, and H. Schulman. PPD provided the Surroscan high throughput flow cytometry work in the manuscript and their participation was funded by Roche as a combination of fee for service, and then consultant fees for the data evaluation and presentation phase of the Roche-funded portion of the work. PPD has never had any patent, IP or other rights in this work. These competing interests do not alter the authors' adherence to all the PLoS ONE policies on sharing data and materials as outlined at the journal website online.
Conceived and designed the experiments: SMK DRS. Performed the experiments: YAG SMK DC. Analyzed the data: YAG SMK JD ABK. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: ZA DB JS TN AQ HS SLP RLS JSF TM SRH SMF ABK CLM. Wrote the paper: YAG DRS.