About the Authors
- Yuan-Ping Pang, Shaohua Wang, Jewn Giew Park
- Computer-Aided Molecular Design Laboratory, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, United States of America
- Jon Davis, Madhusoodana P. Nambiar, Charles B. Millard
- Division of Biochemistry, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, Maryland, United States of America
- James J. Schmidt
- Integrated Toxicology Division, United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, Fort Detrick, Maryland, United States of America
Y-PP, JD, SW, JGP, JJS, and CBM are inventors of a filed provisional patent application titled “Small-Molecule Botulinum Toxin Inhibitors” that covers the inhibitors described in this paper, but this does not alter the adherence to all the PLoS ONE policies on sharing data and materials.
Conceived and designed the experiments: Y-PP JD JJS CBM. Design of F4H and F3A: Y-PP SW JGP. Syntheses of F4H, F3A, and H3H: SW. Performed the experiments: Y-PP JD SW JGP MPN JJS. Analyzed the data: Y-PP JD SW JGP MPN JJS CBM. Wrote the paper: Y-PP JD CBM. Contributed with revisions: Y-PP JD SW JGP MPN JJS CBM.