About the Authors
- Julia Romanova, Brigitte M. Krenn, Markus Wolschek, Boris Ferko, Alexander Morokutti, Sabine Nakowitsch, Tanja Ruthsatz, Bettina Kiefmann, Ulrich König, Thomas Muster, Andrej Egorov
- Avir Green Hills Biotechnology AG, Vienna, Austria
- Ekaterina Romanovskaja-Romanko, Anna-Polina Shurygina, Oleg Kiselev
- Influenza Research Institute, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, St. Petersburg, Russia
- Shobana Balasingam, Alexander Mann, John Oxford
- Retroscreen Virology Ltd., Centre for Infectious Diseases, Bart's and the London, Queen Mary's School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, United Kingdom
- Thomas Muster
- Division of General Dermatology, Department of Dermatology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
- Markus Wolschek, Michael Bergmann, Monika Sachet
- Department of Surgery, University of Vienna Medical School, Vienna, Austria
- Martin Slais
- BioTest Ltd., Konarovice, Czech Republic
Avir Green Hills Biotechnology is a privately held biopharmaceutical company based in Vienna which draws its own knowledge in virology to develop and commercialize a vaccine approach targeting seasonal and pandemic influenza disease among other products in the pipeline. The primary objective of the projects FLUVACC (LSHB-CT-2005-518281) and Intranasal H5 Vaccine (SP5B-CT-2007-044512) related to this manuscript is the development of an intranasal live attenuated vaccine targeting pandemic influenza disease. Both projects are executed in collaboration with international partners, which form a consortium that is regulated by the projects' corresponding consortium agreements. The consortium agreement regulates the operational execution of the project, including protection, exploitation and use of knowledge. IIPR rights related to this manuscript are covered by the following IP rights: DelNs1 mutants are covered by patents from Avir Green Hills and Mount Sinai School of Medicine. Patent applications covering the technology platform of the influenza virus expression construct and virus amplification procedure are fully owned by Avir Green Hills Biotechnology. The patent application concerning the purification process is co-owned with Biaseparations d.r.o. All individuals named in the authorship list of this manuscript are either employees of Avir Green Hills Biotechnology or of organizations that have entered an agreement within the European grants mentioned above.
Conceived and designed the experiments: JR BMK MW BF TR MMB SB AM JO MS OK TM AE. Performed the experiments: BMK MW BF ERR AM APS SN BK UK MS MS. Analyzed the data: JR BMK BF ERR AM APS SN TR BK UK MS TM. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: MW MMB. Wrote the paper: JR BMK AE.