About the Authors
- W. Katherine Yih, Allyson Abrams, Ken Kleinman, Martin Kulldorff, Richard Platt
- Department of Ambulatory Care and Prevention, Harvard Medical School and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
- Kathryn S. Teates, Stanley Wang
- Influenza Branch, Division of Viral and Rickettsial Diseases, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
- Robert Pinner
- Office of Surveillance, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
- Robert Harmon
- Optum, a UnitedHealth Group company, Golden Valley, Minnesota, United States of America
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
Conceived and designed the experiments: AA KK MK RP RP. Analyzed the data: AA. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: KST SW. Wrote the paper: WKY KST. Contributed substantially to the interpretation of the data: WKY. Was the main author of the manuscript: WKY. Provided data: KST SW. Wrote pieces of the manuscript: KST. Contributed to the design of the study, conducted the analyses, and displayed the results graphically: AA. Critically reviewed the manuscript: AA RP RH SW. Was centrally involved in the design of the study and interpretation of the data and provided critical comments on the manuscript: KK MK. Contributed to the conception of the study: RP. Facilitated the acquisition of data: RP RH. Conceived of the study, was centrally involved in its design and in the interpretation of data, and provided critical comments on the manuscript: RP.