About the Authors
- Fiona E. Lovegrove, Erin I. Lafferty, Nimerta Rajwans, Michael Hawkes, W. Conrad Liles, Kevin C. Kain
- McLaughlin-Rotman Centre for Global Health, McLaughlin Centre for Molecular Medicine, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Noppadon Tangpukdee, Srivicha Krudsood, Sornchai Looareesuwan
- Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
- Robert O. Opoka
- Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda
- Chandy C. John
- Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States of America
- W. Conrad Liles, Kevin C. Kain
- Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The University Health Network holds intellectual property related to the role of angiogenic factors in the pathogenesis of infectious disease. The authors report no conflict of interest with respect to this manuscript.
Conceived and designed the experiments: FEL NT ROO SK SL CCJ WCL KCK. Performed the experiments: FEL EIL NR. Analyzed the data: FEL MH CCJ. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: NT ROO SK SL CCJ. Wrote the paper: FEL MH CCJ WCL KCK.