About the Authors
- Leo J. Kenefic, Talima Pearson, Richard T. Okinaka, James M. Schupp, David M. Wagner, Carla P. Trim, Wai-Kwan Chung, Jodi A. Beaudry, Jeffrey T. Foster, James I. Mead, Paul Keim
- Department of Biological Sciences, Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, Arizona, United States of America
- Jacques Ravel
- The Institute for Genome Sciences, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
- Alex R. Hoffmaster
- Bacterial Zoonoses Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
- Paul Keim
- Pathogen Genomics Division, Translational Genomics Research Institute, Phoenix, Arizona, United States of America
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
Conceived and designed the experiments: LJK PK. Performed the experiments: LJK CPT JAB WKC. Analyzed the data: LJK TP CPT JAB WKC PK. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: TP DMW JR AH. Wrote the paper: LJK TP JF JM PK. Directed the study and edited the manuscript: PK. Provided managerial support for data generation: JS. Provided GIS analysis: DMW. Developed the B. anthracis microarray genotyping assay and screened the initial (128) isolates: JR. Provided the DNA of isolates from an historical collection: AH. Provided valuable insights into phylogenetic analyses and helped edit the manuscript: RO JF. Provided insights into Beringian ecosystems: JM. Edited the manuscript: JM.