About the Authors
- Mahamadou A. Thera, Ogobara K. Doumbo, Drissa Coulibaly, Dapa A. Diallo, Abdoulaye K. Kone, Ando B. Guindo, Karim Traore, Alassane Dicko, Issaka Sagara, Mahamadou S. Sissoko, Mounirou Baby, Mady Sissoko, Issa Diarra, Amadou Niangaly, Amagana Dolo, Modibo Daou, Sory I. Diawara
- Malaria Research and Training Center, University of Bamako, Bamako, Mali
- D. Gray Heppner, V. Ann Stewart, Evelina Angov, Elke S. Bergmann-Leitner, David E. Lanar, Sheetij Dutta
- Division of Malaria Vaccine Development, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, Maryland, United States of America
- Lorraine Soisson, Carter L. Diggs
- Malaria Vaccine Development Program, U.S. Agency for International Development, Washington, D. C., United States of America
- Amanda Leach, Alex Owusu, Marie-Claude Dubois, Joe Cohen
- World Wide Clinical Development – Malaria Vaccines, GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals, Rixensart, Belgium
- Jason N. Nixon, Aric Gregson, Shannon L. Takala, Kirsten E. Lyke, Christopher V. Plowe
- Center for Vaccine Development, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
SD and DEL hold patents for the FMP2.1 vaccine antigen. AL, JC and MCD are employees of GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals, the manufacturer of the proprietary adjuvant AS02A, and hold shares in GlaxoSmithKline. None of the other authors have declared conflict of interest.
Conceived and designed the experiments: CP AG ID AN MD SID EB SD AO JC AL MT OD DD DC IS ADi EA LS KL AK CD DL ST ABG KT M-CD DH MB ADo. Performed the experiments: CP AG ID AN MD SID EB JN MT OD DD DC VS EA KL AK ST ABG KT MB MS ADo. Analyzed the data: CP EB MT IS ADi VS EA ST MSS. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: SD JC AL VS EA DL M-CD DH. Wrote the paper: CP EB SD AO JC AL MT OD DD DC IS ADi VS EA LS KL CD DL ST M-CD DH MSS.